2025 Flexible Spending Accounts

The  Office of Human Resources administers the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit for residents, fellows, and interns. Enrollment is optional for:

  • Graduate Medical Education residents and fellows in job codes 9554, 9555, 9556, and 9559
  • School of Dentistry residents and fellows in job codes 9552 and 9553
  • College of Veterinary Medicine residents and interns in job codes 9541, 9548, and 9549

Enrollment Dates

New residents, fellows, and interns: FSA open enrollment is May 1 through June 15, or within 30 days of your first date in your new job. Enroll online through MyU within those 30 days. Your Flexible Spending Account starts on the first day of the month following your first day in your new job.

Current residents, fellows, and interns: 2025 FSA open enrollment is November 1 through November 30. FSAs do not automatically renew from year to year, so if you’d like to continue an FSA for the next calendar year, you must re-enroll online through MyU during Open Enrollment.

Changes to Flexible Spending Account Benefits

When you have a change in your family during the year, you may be able to start or stop an FSA or change your current FSA. Marriage, the birth of your child, or a change in your work hours are examples of changes that qualify. Contact Employee Benefits within 30 days of a family change at 612-624-8647 or 1-800-756-2363 and select Option 1 (or email [email protected]) to request an FSA change. Visit Human Resources’s website for more information.

Flexible Spending Account Information

Please see the Office of Human Resources’s website for information regarding FSAs.

Contact Information

Office of Human Resources
[email protected]
612-624-UOHR or 1-800-756-2363