SHBP Emergency Travel Assistance
Emergency Travel Assistance Program
Plan members and their dependents traveling 100 or more miles away from home and outside of their home country have emergency medical, travel, and personal security assistance 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world, through UnitedHealthcare Global, a leading provider of international travel assistance services. From finding an English-speaking doctor to replacing a prescription, UnitedHealthcare Global has the resources and experience to offer rapid coordination and monitoring of medical care while students are abroad.
Medical Services Available
- 24-hour worldwide medical referrals
- Verification of insurance coverage to facilitate hospital admission
Personal and Travel Services Available
- Assistance with lost or stolen travel documents (i.e. passport)
- Emergency language interpretation services
- Emergency cash advance
Before you travel, follow these three simple steps to get to know your benefits:
- Create a login account (you’ll need your policy number: 11783)
- View travel alerts (look under “World Watch” after login)
- Print your ID card
For more information, contact UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance at 1-800-527-0218 or the Office of Student Health Benefits at 612-624-0627 or 1-800-232-9017.