GAHP Additional Benefits
The Graduate Assistant Health Plan (GAHP) includes additional health-related benefits as well as medical and dental coverage.
Online Mental Health Resource
Learn to Live provides online programs to help with stress, depression, social anxiety and insomnia. The programs are confidential, available at no cost to you and completed at your own pace. GAHP enrollees can visit Learn to Live and enter code “UMN” for access.
Emergency Travel Assistance
Plan members and their dependents traveling 100 or more miles away from home and outside of their home country have emergency medical, travel, and personal security assistance 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world, through UnitedHealthcare Global, a leading provider of international travel assistance services. From finding an English-speaking doctor to replacing a prescription, UnitedHealthcare Global has the resources and experience to offer rapid coordination and monitoring of medical care while students are abroad.
- 24-hour worldwide medical referrals
- Verification of insurance coverage to facilitate hospital admission
- Assistance with lost or stolen travel documents (i.e. passport)
- Emergency language interpretation services
- Emergency cash advance
Before you travel, follow these three simple steps to get to know your benefits:
- Create a UnitedHealthcare Global login account (you’ll need your policy number: 328261)
- View travel alerts (look under “World Watch” after login)
- Print your ID card
For more information, contact UnitedHealthcare Global Assistance at 1-800-527-0218 or the Office of Student Health Benefits at 612-624-0627 or 1-800-232-9017.
- UnitedHealthcare Global Member Website
- UnitedHealthcare Global Program
- UnitedHealthcare Global Info Sheet
- UnitedHealthcare Global ID card
HealthPartners offers several online tools to assist you with your pharmacy needs.
- Check if your prescription is covered: HealthPartners Preferred Rx
- Look up an estimate for prescription costs: Prescription Cost Calculator
- Find a pharmacy near you: HealthPartners Pharmacy Finder
HealthPartners' Healthy Pregnancy program gives new and expecting mothers the support they need. Sign up for one-on-one tips from an experienced nurse or access other helpful tools at HealthPartners. Plus, HealthPartners' BabyLine phone service answers your questions about pregnancy or infants up to six weeks old. Just call 612-333-2229 or 1-800-845-9297.
Experienced health coaches can provide one-on-one support to HealthPartners members with conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease. Receive tips, tools, and encouragement by mail or phone when you sign up at HealthPartners.
Get discounts at more than 40 local and national retailers of health and wellness products and services with your HealthPartners Member ID card, including:
- Fitness and wellness classes
- Health eating programs and delivery services
- Recreational equipment
- Spa services
- Swim lessons
For a current list of retail participants, visit HealthPartners Savings.
This benefit includes no-cost resources to help medical plan members and spouses stay healthy, including:
- Health screenings and assessments so you know your numbers
- Online and mobile programs to monitor your sleep, stress, weight and more
- Virtual coaching for life balance, living well and tobacco cessation
- Health coaching to help you make lifestyle changes
Find more information on our Well-being Program page.
Member ID Mobile App
Access your HealthPartners Member ID anytime, anywhere with their mobile app. Just log on to m.healthpartners.com from your smartphone to view your medical insurance cards as soon as HealthPartners issues them—so you don't have to wait for them in the mail.
Health Club Membership Reimbursement
GAHP enrollees not paying the Student Services Fee* are eligible to receive up to a $20 per month reimbursement toward their member dues at the Minneapolis or St. Paul Rec & Wellness center if they visit at least eight times a month.
Contact the Twin Cities Campus University Rec & Wellness Center to sign up!
*All University of Minnesota students paying the Student Services Fee have automatic membership to RecWell facilities and are not eligible for reimbursement.